Resolution No. 595
RESOLUTION NO. 595
A RESOLUTION SETTING RATES, CONNECTION FEES AND OTHER CHARGES FOR THE WATER AND SEWER SYSTEMS OF THE CITY OF ENTERPRISE, OREGON AS ADOPTED BY THE 2014-15 BUDGET.
THE CITY OF ENTERPRISE RESOLVES AS FOLLOWS:
SECTION 1 DEFINITIONS
Defined as an EDU (equivalent dwelling unit) would be each metered household unit; each apartment; multi-unit complex; each mobile/manufactured home; if additional meters are placed on property for irrigation purposes an additional dwelling unit fee will be assessed.
* Single commercial user is charged for each meter
* Multi-use commercial users are charged by number of commercial spaces which are rentable even though there is not a separate meter for each commercial space.
* Hotels, Motels, RV Parks which rent space out by the night are charged 1 commercial unit per meter.
* Hospitals and Schools are charged one commercial EDU per meter
Sewer rates are based on actual water usage, the 2015 monthly rate will be based on an EDU of 612 cuft.
This will be defined to include single family dwellings; duplexes; triplexes and four-plex; each dwelling in a mobile home park will be considered a single family dwelling.
Each Residential EDU shall be charged on the average winter water usage between the months of November through April of each year. The winter usage will be divided by the 6 months and they shall be charged based on that average. If the average exceeds 1 EDU by increments of .5 it shall be increased to 2 or whatever is applicable.
- 4500 cuft winter average ¸ 6 = 750 cuft. 612 cuft ¸ 750 cuft = 1.23 EDU’s. The customer would be charged for 1 EDU at $59.50.
- 5750 cuft winter average ¸ 6 + 958 cuft. 612 cuft ¸ 958 cuft = 1.57 EDU’s. The customer would be charged for 2 EDU’s at $59.50 per month, totaling $119.00.
This will follow the same as above except the EDU will be based on an annual water usage average
Hotels, Motel’s, Bed & Breakfast, Restaurants:
Will follow the same as Residential except it will be based on an Annual Water usage average.
Multi-Use Commercial - Single-Use Commercial:
Multi-Use Commercial are buildings that have multiple commercial business’s in the building or a mixed use of business and residential. Their EDU will be calculated the same as Residential using winter usage average. Single-Use commercial is a building that is one single business.
This classification is a high water user and the city is in the process of setting a rate structure for these uses. This will cause an amendment to this resolution.
Usage based on an annual average
Hospitals & Schools:
Usage based on winter average
SECTION 2. WATER DEPARTMENT
- The following schedule of rates and charges for the use of water through the Enterprise City Water system are hereby established as the monthly rates for water users from such a system.
- Residential & Commercial Services
- Inside city limits - monthly charges:
500 cuft or less (7-1-15) $31.20 Base rate per EDU unit
(1-1-16) $33.60 Base rate per EDU unit
Next 4500 cuft 4.50 per 1000 cuft.
Over 4501 cuft 5.50 per 1000 cuft.
b. Outside city limits - monthly charges:
500 cuft or less (7-1-15) $46.80 Base rate per EDU unit
(1-1-16) $50.40 Base rate per EDU unit
Next 4500 cuft 6.75 per 500 cuft
Over 4501 cuft 7.90 per 500 cuft
- Rates for all meters over 4 inches shall be set and established at the time of installing such meters by special arrangement with the Superintendent of Public works and/or City Council.
- Connection Charges:
- Fees for water connections made within the city limits shall be $1200 for the first connection and $450 for each additional metered unit. For water connections made outside the city limits, the fee shall be $1,800 for the first connection and $675.00 for each additional unit. The City of Enterprise had entered into an agreement on the Foster Subdivision in prior years which shall remain at $525.00 per connection. Said fees, plus all material costs of installing water connections, including water meters, meter boxes, valves and piping, and including all labor and any city equipment costs, as estimated by the Superintendent of Public Works, shall be paid to the City. A deposit of ½ of the costs shall be paid to the city before any work is performed and the balance due upon completion.
- Any unpaid balance after thirty days shall become an overdue account.
1) Fire Line Charges:
- All customers who have Fire Sprinkler Systems will be charged $4.00 per month.
D. Water Franchise Fee:
1. All customers shall be charged a 1.00 per month Franchise Fee.
E. Storm Water Fee:
- Fees for storm water connections made within the city limits shall be $2000.00 and shall be paid to the city in advance of any work on the connection.
SECTION 3. SEWER DEPARTMENT
- The following schedule of rates and charges for the use of the Enterprise City Sewer System are hereby established as the monthly rates for sewer users from such a system.
- 1.All users Inside the city limits $59.50 per EDU unit
- All users Outside the city limits $89.25 per EDU unit
B. Connection Charges:
1. Fees for sewer connections made within the city limits shall be $1200.00 for the first connection a $450.00 for each additional metered unit. For sewer connections made outside the city limits, but within the urban growth boundary, the fee shall be $1800.00 for the first connection and $675 for each additional metered unit. The appropriate fees shall be paid to the City. A deposit of ½ of the costs shall be paid to the City before any work is performed and the rest due upon completion.
- Any unpaid balance after thirty days shall be come an overdue account.
C. Sewer Franchise Fee
1. All customers shall be charged a $1.00 per month Franchise Fee
SECTION 4. OTHER CHARGES
- The charge for disconnections and reconnecting, made as a consequence of a delinquent city water and sewer bill shall be $150.00 during regular city hours. All after hours connections shall be charged $200.00.
B. The charge for disconnections and reconnecting, made as a consequence of a service call during city hours shall be $35.00 inside city limits and $50.00 outside city limits. All after hour’s service calls shall be charged $150.00.
C. Rates for emergency services performed by city personnel, other than those specified in paragraphs A and B above, are established by the City Public Works Supt.
D. Anyone turning water on or off at the city meter other than City personnel
shall be assessed a penalty fee of $100.00. If authorization is given by the Public Works Supt. the penalty fee shall be waived.
E. All payments must be received by last day of the month or the account will be considered overdue. All overdue accounts within the water and sewer departments of the City of Enterprise shall be charged interest after (30) days at a rate of 2 percent per month.
SECTION 5. APPLICATION FOR WATER SERVICE
- All persons who wish to open a utility account with the City of Enterprise are required to fill out an application. This application will require a photocopy of the applicant’s current driver’s license. This application will require mailing address, and phone numbers. By signing this agreement, it means that the applicant agrees to all credit terms of the city. No utility account will be approved without the above.
SECTION 6. UTILITY DEPOSITS
- A Water Service Agreement shall be required on all water/sewer accounts. This account will establish who the user of the water service is and terms of the account opened.
- A deposit of $125.00 shall be required upon establishment of all new accounts or accounts with bad credit standing with the city. Accounts with prior good credit standing with the City of Enterprise may request a waiver. This deposit will be held in the customer’s account for one year. After one year, if the account has been kept current, the deposit will be applied to the depositor’s open account. If the account had prior past due balance within the 12 month period, the deposit will be kept in their deposit account and reviewed again in 12 months.
If customer moves within the first year, the deposit will be applied to the closing bill and a refund will be given if the balance results in a credit.
- If the city finds that no water service agreement or water deposit promise has been signed by either landowner or renter, the city can terminate water service after a 24 hour notice has been given to the occupant.
Notice will be in the form of a phone call and/or door notice.
- Utility accounts shall be in the name of all persons or entities with an ownership interest in the real property to which the service pertains and who reside at or occupy said property. Except in areas in which utility accounts are in the name of the landlord, the utility accounts shall be placed in the name of all persons residing at the rental, residence, or persons, or entities occupying the premises, and legally responsible for payment of rent; however, this provision shall not apply to persons residing in licensed care facilities.
- If a customer moves to a new location and if that customer’s name is on the new account for the new location, whether alone or jointly with another person or entity, any unpaid balance of the customer’s prior account must be paid prior to receiving new water service. A prior balance of a tenant occupying a property shall not be transferred to the utility account for the rental property if the utility account is in the name of the landlord.
SECTION 7. PAST DUE ACCOUNTS
A. All accounts not paid by the last day of the month shall be considered overdue. If full payment is not received within (10) ten days of the due date, water will be disconnected without further notice.
- User can come to the City Administrator’s office and make payment arrangements if unable to make full payment. User must do so before the 10 day grace period.
- If water is shut off due to a past due account, services will remain off until the arrears has been paid or payment arrangements have been made, in addition to a reconnect fee. Service will be reconnected as our work load permits.
SECTION 8. OWNER/TENANT AGREEMENTS
The City of Enterprise assumes no responsibility between property owners and tenants. Landlord Agreements must be filled out and current prior to the City placing rentals in the tenants name. If tenants move out, unless specifically told, the city will assume water/sewer is to remain active and the property owner is responsible for all billings until further notice by new tenant.
SECTION 9. EFFECTIVE DATE
These rates shall take into effect July 1, 2015 as adopted by the City Budget.
PASSED AND ADOPTED this 24th day of June, 2015 by the Enterprise City Council by a vote of 5 ayes and _0 nays.
Steven Lear, Mayor
Michele R. Young, City Administrator/Recorder