There are no articles in this category. If subcategories display on this page, they may have articles.
Enterprise City Hall Contact Information
Office Specialist/Customer Service Specialist
CHIEF OF POLICE APPLICATION PACKET
4 - Eligibility Requirements for Police Chief https://secure.sos.state.or.us/oard/viewSingleRule.action?ruleVrsnRsn=239873
259-008-0076Eligibility Requirements for Police Chief
(1) In addition to the minimum standards for employment and training as a law enforcement officer as described in OAR 259-008-0010 and 259-008-0025, a person accepting employment as a Police Chief must:
(a) Be currently certified as a police officer by the Department; or
(b) If the person is not currently certified as a police officer by the Department, the person accepting employment as Police Chief must obtain certification no later than 18 months after accepting such employment.
(2) Any person accepting employment as Police Chief must obtain Management certification by the Department within two (2) years of accepting employment as Police Chief, unless an extension is requested in writing and granted by the Department.
(3) The Department may grant an extension of time to obtain a Management certificate upon presentation of evidence by a law enforcement unit that a Police Chief was unable to obtain the certification within the required time limit due to being on leave, or any other reasonable cause as determined by the Department. No extension will be granted beyond one year.
(4) The employing agency must maintain documentation of a Police Chief's qualifications.
(5) The employing agency must notify the Department within 10 business days of any personnel action for a Police Chief as required by OAR 259-008-0020.
(6) Failure to obtain a Management Certificate as required in section (2) or (3) above, will result in the immediate suspension of the Police Chief's certification:
(a) A Police Chief with a suspended certification is prohibited from performing the duties of, or working in any capacity as, a Police Chief or Acting Police Chief;
(b) Prior to recertification of a Police Chief's suspended certificate, the department head must submit the following:
(A) A written request for recertification, along with an explanation of the individual's current job duties and why the Department should recertify the individual if they are not currently in a certifiable police officer position; or
(B) Verification that a Management Certificate was obtained, if the individual is requesting reinstatement as a Police Chief.
(c) A police chief whose certification has been suspended pursuant to this rule must notify the Department, pursuant to OAR 259-008-0020, that the individual is no longer serving as, or performing the duties of, police chief prior to reactivating their police certification;
(d) A Police Chief who fails to recertify within 2-1/2 years is subject to the provisions of OAR 259-008-0025;
(e) A Police Chief who fails to recertify within five (5) years is subject to the provisions of OAR 259-008-0025.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 181A.410Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 181A.410 & ORS 181A.490History:DPSST 23-2017, amend filed 12/29/2017, effective 01/01/2018DPSST 11-2016, f. 7-25-16, cert. ef. 7-29-16DPSST 31-2012, f. & cert. ef. 12-27-12DPSST 7-2010, f. 7-15-10, cert. ef. 8-1-10DPSST 9-2007, f. & cert. ef. 8-15-07DPSST 13-2005, f. & cert. ef. 12-7-05
Please submit all documents no later than October 26th, 2020.
BUDGET PRESENTATION PRESENTED TO THE BUDGET COMMITTEE 05/13/2020
2020-2021 PROPOSED BUDGET